Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Turning a Corner

Sometime in between the last time I wrote on the internet and now I started a new semester of school. In this time period, Alito has been confirmed, Bush gave another State of the Union Address, Blizzard won't allow a guild to recruit members in thier World of Warcraft game because it's GLBT friendly, and my brains have been frying over reading Plato or Aristotle. Again. I was also asked to do a reading for Columbia and I will be paid. Score.

I've added some new blogs to my sidebar, mainly in the comics section. And my teacher for my Poetics class is truly awesome. You can find his blog here.

If you live in Chicago you should go to this:

Chicago Premiere of "Turning a Corner"

"Turning a Corner" is an hour-long film that tells the stories of peopleinvolved in the sex-trade in Chicago and their efforts to raise publicawareness and promote needed reforms. This groundbreaking film, produced byBeyondmedia Education with over a dozen members of the ProstitutionAlternatives Round Table (PART) tells their stories of survival and triumphover homelessness, violence and discrimination, and gives rare insights intoChicago's sex-trade industry.

Monday February 6, 20065:30PM - 8:00PM

Free Movie and $7 Parking

NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Thorne Auditorium
375 E. Chicago Ave.
5:30pm - 6:15pm Reception & Art Show
6:15pm - 7:30pm Film Screening
7:30pm - 8:00pm Panel Discussion

No comments: