Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Not Excited about the 360

I haven't been writing much, maybe because I don't feel compelled to, and in a way, I'm still feeling as such. However, I just felt like saying, with all of that 360 love out there, that I'm not too excited about it. I don't think I'll ever try to get one. Yeah, I went to Best Buy, read all the specs, but it just isn't doing it for me. And I feel like hooking your console up to HD television for your demos is kind of cheating. (Don't get wrong, I think Nintendo and Sony would do the same thing.) I want to see the graphics on a shitty tv--isn't that what most of us would be viewing?

Hands down, I think the console was released too early. I'm hoping for more when the PS3 and the Revolution comes out--I think there's a lot to be said by the fact that I was more impressed with the graphics for the remake of Resident Evil looked on my Game Cube compared to that of 360's Kameo. For the next generation I want little-to-none load times, innovated controls (and concepts--though how vague is that?), interesting games, no lag time when I'm playing, and great grapics. In short, I want the next gen to knock my socks off.

No comments: